Thursday, October 06, 2005

Sun Herald editor looking for missing reader/advisor: "Virginia, are you there?"

The Biloxi Sun Herald's Stan Tiner: "One of my favorite and most faithful readers is a woman known to me only as 'Virginia.' . . . There is an air of mystery about Virginia as she has never told me her last name. I know that she is widowed and has a daughter. She is highly intelligent, a close reader of the newspaper, and a person of strong opinions on many matters. Outside of my family, she is also just about my biggest fan, thus a highly valued member of my informal board of reader-advisors. In that role she usually gives me at least one assignment weekly. I have not heard from Virginia since the passage of Katrina, and with each passing day my concerns about her grow. There could be many explanations for this, I know, but I would feel better hearing from her, or someone who knows her, and learning if she is well. So, from one editor to one reader, Virginia, give me a call. I miss you."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home